Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Start series discussion again?

Start series discussion again? 5 years 1 month ago #1990

• mjb0123
I would really like to start from scratch again.

Yes, I've seen them all dozens of times, but, like great literature, I can always get something new.

I would like to discuss, maybe one a week? month? Then just discuss the heck out of individual episodes.

Will anybody join?

Matt
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Start series discussion again? 5 years 1 month ago #1992

• Dej
  • Fresh Boarder
sure, let me know where, when and how. BCNU

Dej

Re: Start series discussion again? 5 years 1 month ago #1993

Hello Dej

I have just watched Arrival and I am good to go.

My first observation is that McG must have had a lot of input as you might note that the 'round peg square hole test' are the same symbols used in Free For All in the 'truth test'.

There also is a remarkable similarity in plot points in Arrival and the Danger Man script called 'Such Men Are Dangerous. In fact the original Rover chase with the mechanical Rover is virtually identical ( in the original scripting ) to the chase scene in SMAD. The chase scene in SMAD takes place in numbered Land Rover military vehicles. The mechanical Rover may have been a futuristic Land ROVER.

The above may suggest that Tomblin as co-author of Arrival may have thought SMAD themes of a secret society of assassins guiding governments of the world may have had some parallels in the themes of The Prisoner.

BCNU

Tommcfearsom

Re: Start series discussion again? 5 years 1 month ago #1994

• mjb0123
Great--well then, let's go--Watch "Arrival" again and take copious notes. I would like to read other thoughts. Let's all do Arrival this week by Monday, 8/13.

For instance, I have watched all the Danger Man episodes but I don't specifically remember "Such Men Are Dangerous." Is there a youtube link for that scene?

I am going to have to specifically match up those two scenes you mention about the "round peg in square hole." I knew that was a metaphor for McGoohan.

After "Arrival" let's talk background--Danger Man, 007 similarities.

I also teach The Prisoner in high school as visual text. I introduce with a scene from Thunderball, the one where #1 fries the guy, the same scene parodied by the first Austin Powers and Will Ferrell.

I have to find a clip of Austin Powers dunking that guy's head in the toilet, asking, "Who does #2 work for?"

Matt

Re: Start series discussion again? 5 years 1 month ago #1995

Hello Matt

Below you will find a link to youtube that features 'Such Men Are Dangerous". You will find the numbered Land ROVER chase at about 45 minutes on into the video. Drake escapes in the No.1 numbered truck.

Here is a link to youtube comparing the Danger Man episode called Colony 3 to Arrival.

Here is a third link where Ariival is compared to the Danger Man episode called The Paper Chase:

numbersixwasinnocent.blogspot.com/2009/0...d-time-has-come.html

BCNU

Tommcfearsom
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Tommcfearsom.

Re: Start series discussion again? 4 years 11 months ago #2000

• nathan
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello all,just wanted to say Happy Anniversary!I understand 45 years ago on the 29th The Prisoner made it's debut in the U.K. (lucky sob's!) We didn't get it until a year later.So I propose to watch Arrival tomorrow & go through the series again.I'll start commenting then.Way to go Pat!We won't forget.Again Happy Anniversary everybody BCNU :woohoo: Nathan
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

The Prisoner on Facebook

More Prisoner

Notice

The Final Word

This site is an unofficial guide to Dangerman (1960), The Prisoner (1967) and The Prisoner (2009). Images and text are copyright their respective owners, portions owned by Granada Media, Granada International, American Movie Classics Company LLC and AMCtv.com. Other content Copyright © 2006-2013, may not be reproduced without permission.
Please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Website by Pure Glow Media. Find out about Theme Parks in America | Bournemouth | Jack Bauer's 24